Since ancient times, decorations made from fresh flowers have been very popular among women and men. People use florals to decorate their homes, gowns and make any event more festive. Flowers have always been a source of beauty, inspiration and love. Let’s talk today about a floral bracelet - corsage, where you can wear it and what flowers are better to use for.
Corsage is a very popular accessory for proms, weddings, cocktail parties and other formal events. You can try to make it yourself or order from your local florist. You can choose your perfect corsage from our website as well.
Types of corsages
- The wrist corsage is a wrist bracelet, decorated with fresh blooms, is the most popular style for prom and wedding. It is a small arrangement of about 3-4 blooms with greens or, sometimes, just only one main flower. It is the most popular style of corsage because it is very comfortable and easy to wear.
- Pin on corsages is traditional and still very popular for classic dress decoration. But there is a problem. If you wear a strapless dress, this type of corsage is not for you.
- Nosegay Corsage is simply to say just a small bouquet of flowers that the girl or the boy is holding in hand during the event night. It can give your dress a unique appearance, but at the same time, it is not very comfortable to hold the bouquet all night long. On the other hand, it allows the florist to use more assorted flowers and greens that is not possible to do on the wrist or pin corsages.
Popular flowers for corsages
It is very important to understand that flowers in corsages don’t have an access to the water and if you want to enjoy the evening and don’t worry about wilting, we recommend to use the following blooms.
- Spray rose is a small, miniature rose with a lot of blooms on one branch. As one of the hardiest flowers, roses can stand up to 24 hours without water. It depends on the environmental conditions such as heat or humidity.
Rose is the most popular and classic flower that comes in many colors from red and white, to yellow, pink, blue and rainbow dyed colors.
- Freesia is one of the hardiest flowers as well, and can leave without water all day looking stunning. There are many varieties and colors of freesia to choose from.
- Lisianthus is another great flower that goes on the wrist for prom and other events.
- Orchids are very delicate and showy flowers for wedding corsages and for other events.
- Mini Calla Lilies are other great flowers for prom corsages and different formal events.
- Chrysanthemums are very sturdy flowers that will look fresh and new till the end of the evening.
- Mini Carnations are a great option because they come in a variety of colors and will last the entire evening.
- Ranunculus is a very elegant and unusual flower that will make any occasion more festive.
- Peonies are the most beautiful and favorite flower of all ages. It is very gentle and delicate and requires a lot of care. We prefer to use small, not open blooms that will last the whole night.
- Wax flowers are very cute, small bush flowers. Wax is very long lasting and comes in so many varieties. In the language of flowers, wax means happiness in life and marriage, and it plays the role of the best filler in any type of corsages.
We recommend storing your corsage in a fridge before the important event.
On our website you can find a great choice of corsages for weddings, proms and other important events. If you want something custom, please give us a call or text (310) 817-0605. Also, you are more than welcome to visit our store on 1484 s Robertson Blvd, Los Angeles. And we have the same free delivery within 4 miles.